TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Job posting number: #7111562 (Ref:hlj_40641)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Technology Systems Administrator
The Systems Administrator provides daily support in the execution of new design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of Moffitt's systems and related technology including but not limited to network infrastructure, storage and backup environments (file and block), virtualization environments, and server platforms leveraged by Moffitt's Research, Business, and Clinical communities. This position ensures proactive operational support is provided to maintain all infrastructure systems and technology for optimal performance. In addition, this position provides consistent monitoring of all systems and related infrastructure services to mitigate unplanned outages.
- Responsible for day to day health of network, servers, and storage associated with the data center. Provides systems, monitoring, maintenance, and problem resolution for Cisco, VMware, Windows Server, Linux, Storage Architecture, and Application Delivery architecture. Provide hardware issues support on all network, compute, and storage equipment within the data center.
- Responsible for life cycle management of all network, systems and storage as part of the data center. Responsible for staying current on all hardware and software platforms supported by the department. Responsible for capacity management for utilization of network, systems and storage utilized by Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Work in conjunction with Sr System Administrators and Technology Engineering on project initiatives requiring integration within Enterprise Technology Services.
- Ability to create and follow standard documentation and checklists in the support of all network, compute, systems, storage and data center operations.
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED and 10 years proficiency in a technical support role of systems and data center operations with least one major area of focus or experience with network administration, virtualization, storage and backup administration, or server platform administration.
- Associates Degree – field of study: Computer Science or Information Technology and seven (7) years proficiency in a technical support role of systems and data center operations with least one major area of focus or experience with network administration, virtualization, storage and backup administration, or server platform administration.
- Bachelor's degree with five (5) years proficiency in a technical support role of systems and data center operations with least one major area of focus or experience with network administration, virtualization, storage and backup administration, or server platform administration.
- Working experience with hardware and software systems including on premise data center with Cisco, Dell, Dell / EMC, DNS, DHCP, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, Citrix Netscaler, VMware, Linux, Unix, and/or Windows environments, LAN/ WAN/SDN technologies as well as cloud providers is preferred.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.