Registered Respiratory Therapist - Float - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Mayfield Hts, OH
Job posting number: #7111907 (Ref:ccf16768670)
Posted: September 27, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist, you will work alongside caregivers from different departments, including anesthesia, intensive care, pulmonology and more. You will be actively providing assessment, treatment, care, and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Your primary duties will include:
-Preparing patients for the correct type and frequency of treatment based on diagnosis and developing a care plan.
-Educating family and patients about the specified illness and provide information about our programs.
-Monitoring patient care and administrating medications and treatments.
-Performing and evaluating respiratory practices and care modalities.
-Perform record keeping per patient's conditions.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Currently is certified as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory care
-Currently is certified as an Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure and Basic Life Support (BLS).
-Has experience managing a high volume of patients.
-Has strong empathy skills and is passionate.
-Prioritizes multitasking in a stressful environment.
-Works well in a collaborative, team-based setting.
After gaining experience, Respiratory Therapists can advance to Team Leader, Clinical Specialist, Clinical Coordinator or Administration. You can also explore other clinical areas such as pediatrics, bronchoscopy, ED (Emergency Department) specialization or critical care transport.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Must float to multiple CCHS locations to perform respiratory care services for the geriatric, adult and pediatric population in a variety of inpatient settings like critical care, obstetrics, emergency department, and behavioral health.
- Must maintain site specific competencies/certifications for each CCHS location
- Must develop and maintain relationships with multidisciplinary care teams at each location and local/enterprise respiratory clinical leadership.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate
- Performs advances respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet the minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate by site.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.