Vero Beach, FL
Job posting number: #7112064 (Ref:ccf16779287)
Posted: September 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Provides care to adults utilizing appropriate assessment and interview techniques.
- Identifies psychosocial, physical and education needs common to adults.
- Provides for patient's privacy, provides reassurance and support when there is anxiety.
- Modifies testing technique to reflect response unique to adults.
- Provides teaching when appropriate specific to educational needs of the adult.
- Inspects, cleans, calibrates, and maintains equipment in accordance with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)/American College of Cardiology (ACC)/American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
- Verifies physician order and performs the appropriate testing using ACSM/ACC/AHA guideline for scheduled patient as well as add-on emergency patients.
- Acts as a resource for the Cardiologist for patient education and trouble shooting of therapeutic issues related to exercise and cardiac risk factor modification.
- Utilizes computer resources such as the MUSE, Case Stress system and EpicCare EMR system for obtaining EKG reading and reports respectively.
- Assists Cardiology staff with research projects and quality improvement as assigned.
- Conducts Pre-test entry interviews/consultations with patients.
- Identifies test end point based on established criteria a guidelines.
- Performs additional physiologic assessment as required (i.e. metabolic testing, oximetry, etc.).
- Communicates negative stress results to patients in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times, including products and service quotes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Training in graded exercise testing, EKG analysis and interpretation and Cardiovascular exercise physiology Cardiac rehabilitation principles.
- Master's Degree from accredited school of Exercise Physiology preferred.
- Clinical Exercise Specialist Certification by American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is preferred.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Membership in the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is desirable.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Must have prior experience in dealing with cardiopulmonary patients and their families.
- Previous experience in participating in scientific research highly desirable.
- Exercise prescription and leadership, nutrition and social science.
- Ability to respond to an emergency situation must be able to recognize and function in a crisis situation.
- Able to perform algebraic mathematical calculation in order to calculate Metabolic Equivalents and perform Heart Rate calculations.
- Essential Duties: Interacts with patients and their families, as well as professional staff.
- Develops and maintain cooperate working relationship between the department and members of the medical staff, nursing services and other ancillary department.
- Communicates with referring physician as needed regarding exercise test result and patient's clinical status.
- Good motor coordination and manual and finer dexterity, as well as excellent hand/eye coordination to operate stress-testing equipment.
- This position requires frequent walking, sitting, and standing; talking and listening when given instructions and explanations and also frequent use of the phone, fax machines and computer.
- Work is medium/frequent, lifting and carrying equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 pounds without help of mechanical devices or other personnel.
- Requires stooping, pushing and pulling when moving patient into position for treatment; also you will be reaching, handling, feeling and manipulation of equipment into position.
- Communication skills to convey instruction and information to patient and staff member.
- Visual acuity to perceive retains to treatment and follows or read instruction.
- The position spends 98% of his/her time in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood and blood-borne pathogens materials is present while completing his/her duties.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- This position requires exposure to infectious wastes such as blood and body fluids in his/her clinical duties and therefore, requires the use of PPE and Universal Precautions.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.