Massage Therapist PRN
Job posting number: #7112070 (Ref:ccf16776250)
Posted: September 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Interviews patient to determine medical history, condition, desired results and appropriate modality.
- Applies selected modality, concentrating on any areas of particular discomfort.
- Monitors patient's responses to treatment and adjusts, changes or terminates treatment based on feedback.
- Properly documents patient information, interview responses, treatments, feedbacks and results.
- Maintains therapy area in a clean, safe, sterile and Organizational state. Orders supplies as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school grad or equivalent plus Graduate of an accredited massage therapy program
- Licensed in Massage Therapy (LMT) by the State of Ohio.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- For Hospice staff only: Valid Ohio Driver’s License upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Hospice staff only: Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum one year experience providing massage services or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience working in a health care field preferred.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients and equipment, lifting of items in excess of 30 pounds.
- Requires standing and walking for extended times.
- Ability to assist with positioning and transporting patients; e.g., carts and wheelchairs.
- Requires the ability to maneuver equipment and motor coordination to operate equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.