Clinical Pharmacist I - Specialty & Retail Pharmacy
Job posting number: #7112230 (Ref:10018630)
Posted: September 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The Clinical Pharmacist I (Specialty & Retail) is responsible for the oversight and the support of all specialty and retail pharmacy medication activities. Oversight responsibilities include but are not limited to pharmacy technicians, ensuring medications clinical appropriateness such as correct dosing, drug interactions, etc. prior to dispensing. Additionally, this role supports new patient enrollment and ensures medication adherence for all patients referred for specialty medications. The Clinical Pharmacist I (Specialty & Retail) serves as the medication expert and main point of contact to provide support for all providers, staff and patients when needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the processing and preparations of all specialty medications.
- Verify all patient information before filling a prescription.
- Perform quality checks on prescriptions for clinical appropriateness, correct dosage, drug interactions, etc.
- Responsible for checking all medications prior to dispensing
- Perform and/or oversees data entry of prescriptions in the pharmacy management systems
- Performs medical adherence follow-up and address any non-adherence for patients on specialty medications
- Provides pharmacy clinical support for all providers and staff when needed
- Provides consultation and medication education to patients and caregivers upon dispensing a prescription
- Oversee pharmacy technicians in accordance with CA State Board of Pharmacy Laws
- Provides training, ongoing feedback, and coordinates daily responsibilities of the technicians to ensure efficient operations
- Develops and maintains technician competencies to ensure policies, procedures, and optimal care is always provided
Education and Training:
- Provide medication education and counseling to patients for all new starts and ongoing as appropriate
- Provides in-service education to pharmacy staff, nurses, physicians, and other healthcare providers, as needed
- Maintains own knowledge and education through continuing education, specifically around specialty medications
- Exhibits expert understanding of regulatory and quality standards for their area
- Payer follow up and communicate with physicians and health plans as needed
- Complete third-party insurance forms, patient assistance, and other paperwork as needed
Customer Service and Patient Experience:
- Ensures the pharmacy team is providing the best possible customer service and patient care
- Ensure the timely communication with providers and patients regarding patient medication concerns or issues
- Ensures timely follow up regarding patient’s specialty pharmacy medication management concerns
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Graduate of ACPE-accredited Pharmacy School or School with ACPE accreditation pending. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Three years in specialty pharmacy experience OR Two years of specialty pharmacy plus a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency
- Current CA Pharmacist License.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- ASHP Accredited PGY-1 Residency
- EPIC experience (including Compass Rose, Willow Ambulatory) preferred
- Oncology experience preferred
- Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP), Board Certified in Pharmacotherapy (BCPS), and/or Board Certified in Oncology (BCOP)
- Per diem, day shift
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.