Vero Beach, FL
Job posting number: #7112259 (Ref:ccf16785742)
Posted: September 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs those duties directly related to patient care in a radiology setting, in a professional manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude.
- Disseminates linen throughout department after delivery from linen supply.
- Knows the location of supplies, and assists in the tasks related to inventory, stocking, and putting supplies in proper storage areas.
- Assists technologist with preparing patient, room and materials for appropriate procedure.
- Assists with processing of images and networking functions.
- Delivers and charts radiology reports.
- Delivers and picks up from the mailroom and interoffice mail.
- Delivers and picks up any other item, supply, chart, films, or specimens as required.
- Performs general cleaning of wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Cleans and organizes work areas of the department on own initiative, maintains orderliness and cleanliness in procedure rooms.
- Helps maintain adequate supplies in all procedure rooms.
- Responds to changes in the work schedule as necessary, regularly assists in other areas of the department when not transporting.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others as a team oriented.
- File Room: Listens to voice mail messages and handles requests, i.e. prepare images and reports for pick up, mail, or fax. Utilizes appropriate release forms.
- Clears reading rooms and sorts paperwork.
- Prepares and sort items for delivery to PFS, interoffice, medical records, and mailroom.
- Files incoming films and mammography jackets into system.
- Opens mail and sorts items for department, hospital, or clinic delivery.
- Determines appropriate disposition of incoming films and notifies the appropriate person of receipt of films.
- Requests prior films from outside facilities as needed.
- Transportation: Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of transportation of patients.
- Always checks ID bracelet on patient.
- Always introduces self and informs patient what you are going to do.
- Recognizes the role of a transporter in relation to the overall function of the Radiology Department and ultimately in view of total patient care.
- Transports patients to the department and back to their rooms when workload warrants or as directed by supervisors.
- Assists all out patients and inpatients, with personal requirements as needed.
- Prior to transporting a patient who is connected to O2, a cardiac monitor, or any other device, the employee will always contact a nurse.
- Always uses a calm and understanding approach.
- Reduces any fears or anxiety the patient may have about the procedure.
- Always makes the patient comfortable and recognizes the needs of a patient.
- Always provides privacy for the patient.
- Always keeps the patient, family, nursing, and radiology staff informed when additional time is needed or when circumstances require delays in the procedure start time.
- Answers the telephone, stating name and department, speaking in clear and moderate voice, answers questions and refers and transfers if needed.
- Immediately reports any equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for the successful performance of tasks.
- Refers unsolved problems to the appropriate person.
- Works in a cooperative manner to ensure the completion of all tasks related to radiology procedures.
- Willingly assists technologists as needed.
- Orients new personnel and assists in their transition to the work environment as assigned.
- Provides assistance to other associates in the department upon completion of duties or as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains BLS provider card.
- Attends monthly department meetings.
- High School Diploma.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- One year of experience working in an imaging department setting is recommended.
- Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests and to work collaboratively with other members of the Healthcare team; ability to ensure operational efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Special Demands: Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs, carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.