Coral Springs, FL
Job posting number: #7112266 (Ref:ccf16784659)
Posted: September 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As an Anesthesia Technician, you will perform a variety of duties related to and involving the processing and preparing of rooms, equipment, and supplies for patients undergoing anesthetic procedures. Your primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
-Disassembling, decontaminating, and sterilizing anesthesia equipment and supplies.
-Performing Point of Care (POCT) testing procedures.
-Maintaining records, inventory, and stock of all equipment and supplies.
-Stocking carts and surgical suites with the appropriate supplies.
The idea candidate is someone who:
-Is professional, punctual, and reliable.
-Is eager to learn and receive feedback.
-Demonstrates a strong work ethic in a changing environment.
-Can effectively multi-task while paying attention to details and staying organized.
-Thrives as a team member.
This opportunity offers tuition reimbursement, professional development, at a hospital that prioritizes career growth, learning opportunities, and employee wellness.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Appropriately stocks the carts and surgical suites with the required supplies as outlined on the anesthesia surgical suite stock par list.
- Assist with difficult airway management by assisting with equipment needs from the providers.
- Assists with lines and specialty room set-ups.
- Disassembles, decontaminates and sterilizes anesthesia equipment and supplies. Report equipment problems to the management team.
- Performs Point of Care (POCT) testing procedures, after an initial approved competency has been completed.
- Effectively communicates with anesthesia and operating room staff to assure daily operating room assignments are prioritized at the start of each shift. Remains accessible in operating rooms at all times.
- Efficiently transports all anesthesia related equipment and supplies to and from outside of Operating Rooms off-site locations.
- Maintains complete and accurate records and checks status of orders and equipment
- Maintains an adequate supply of all stock items in work room and keeps the work room clean and in an orderly condition.
- Maintains anesthesia supplies by establishing inventory levels; requisitioning supplies; restocking supply
- Maintains equipment by preparing, testing, and setting up a variety of anesthetic equipment for surgical use; troubleshooting equipment for problems or repairs; performing preventative maintenance and routine cleaning.
- Participates in turning over rooms assuring minimal downtime between cases.
- Retrieves and appropriately distributes the equipment necessary to prepare a patient for anesthesia. This includes specialty equipment for invasive lines and monitoring, difficult airway, and pediatric procedures.
- Supports the anesthesia provider by setting up IV's
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of one year experience working in a healthcare setting or successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or similar healthcare-related training program. Direct patient care and/or surgical/OR environment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint preferred.
- Extended periods walking, standing, lifting and carrying equipment (usually not over 20 lbs.).
- Capable of pushing and maneuvering equipment weighing up to 150 pounds. May be exposed to bodily fluids.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.