Funded Postdoc Gene Therapy
Job posting number: #7112368
Posted: October 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A 2-year fully funded post-doctoral position is available immediately for a PhD in life science, molecular and cell biology, biochemistry or genetics in Dr. Jean-Philippe Brosseau lab at the Université de Sherbrooke in Canada. The position can be extended upon funding renewal and/or obtaining fellowship. Our laboratory has an interest and expertise in Neurofibromatosis type I, a neurocutaneous syndrome with no cure. We are developing strategies to functionally rescue the causative gene (NF1) of this disease in vivo.
• To plan, execute and analyze research experiments
• To establish stable cell lines
• To perform experiment using mouse models (colony management, genotyping, necropsy, dissection and tissue biopsy)
• To perform histological characterization
• To report research findings to the research group and externally
• To lead manuscript publication
• To directly supervise graduate and undergraduate students
• To apply for fellowship
• To suggest/initiate new line of research
• Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
• Strong experimental skills in molecular biology/biochemistry as evidenced by publication(s)
• At least one first author paper accepted from your PhD work
• Working knowledge of English
• The candidate must have a PhD degree and is expected to be very engaged and pro-active to drive his/her project(s).
• Strong work ethic, rigor and communication skills are required.
• Proficient in planning, executing and troubleshooting advanced cloning, cell culture biochemistry, and cell biology technique
• Experience with mouse models is preferred but not required