Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Spanish
Job posting number: #7114636 (Ref:if105488)
Posted: October 25, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics in the Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Oklahoma invites applications for a tenure-track position in Spanish with specialization in modern Latin American Literature at the level of Assistant Professor. The anticipated start date is August 16, 2023. The position is a 9-month faculty appointment and carries a teaching load of four classes per year. Salary is competitive.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate excellence in research and be committed as well to excellence in teaching. They will be expected to teach courses in their specialty at the undergraduate and graduate level as well as language and culture classes at the undergraduate level, to actively contribute to the growth of the Spanish program. This can include involving students in your research, supervising independent studies or honors research projects, overseeing internships, or leading or participating in OU study abroad options including the OU in Puebla study abroad program (https://www.ou.edu/cis/education_abroad/programs/ou-in-puebla). The successful candidate will also contribute to departmental- and institutional-level service.
For information about the department, please visit https://www.ou.edu/cas/modlang.
Ph.D. in Spanish; record of research publications and/or evidence of outstanding research in modern Latin American literature; evidence of teaching excellence; native or near-native fluency in Spanish and excellent command of English.
Priority deadline is Friday, November 18, 2022; review of applications will begin after the priority deadline, but applications may be considered until the position is filled. Please upload the following materials to http://apply.interfolio.com/115721.
- Cover Letter (max. 2 pages) detailing how the candidate’s experience meets the job requirements and will enable them to excel in this role.
- Full and updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Three Letters of Recommendation from experts in the candidate’s field, especially those familiar with their work. The letters should be uploaded to Interfolio directly by the recommenders.
- Ph.D. Transcripts or a PDF of the degree.
- One Writing Sample (12-15 pages in Spanish or English). The committee may request additional samples after initial review of applications.
- A minimum of 2 complete sets of recent Teaching Evaluations, including student comments.
Preliminary interviews will be conducted on Zoom as soon as possible, followed by campus interviews with short-listed candidates in late fall or early spring (“on-campus” interviews may be conducted on Zoom). Inquiries should be direct to the search committee chair: Dr. Marcelo Rioseco, Email [email protected].