urse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Satellite & Community Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7116189 (Ref:hlj_41770)
Posted: November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Satellite and Community Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center
*Note: this position will rotate between the inpatient hospital at Tampa General Hospital and the ambulatory clinic at Moffitt Cancer Center- International Plaza (MIP) (workdays, full shift); in assisting physician(s) with direct patient care to Moffitt patients. This multi-location coverage flexibility is needed in the selected candidate.
Based in the Satellite and Community Oncology Department at Moffitt Cancer Center, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
This Advanced Practice Professional ("APP") position will support the Hematology Oncology patients' inpatient and outpatient care settings. Schedules will rotate; outpatient clinic coverage Monday through Friday, day shift hours.
This APP will also assist with inpatient consults and be scheduled for a weekend rotation approximately once a month. There are no on-call responsibilities.
· Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
· Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
· Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
· The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
· Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
· Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
· Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
· May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
· Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
· Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
· Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
· Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and national certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
· Active BLS and ACLS.
· Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; Hematology-specific related experience is a plus.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.