Application Infrastructure Engineer
Job posting number: #7116210
Posted: November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSpecial Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please include:
1) A current resume
2) A cover letter that clearly articulates how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate for this position. Please elaborate on how you meet minimum qualifications and provide details on any preferred qualifications that you meet.
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Enterprise Solutions, which design, develops, maintains and supports university solutions, data integration services, identity management, and business intelligence/data analytics; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon's natural and cultural treasures.
Do you enjoy working with others to plan and coordinate installations and upgrades for large enterprise-level applications? Do you like having the power and wisdom to ensure the operational integrity of critical applications? Does creating innovative solutions to automate deployment, monitoring, testing and integration of application systems interest you? If so, this position may be the one.
The purpose of this position is to implement and support enterprise software systems. This requires the use of broad and comprehensive knowledge in the technologies required to support these systems while also developing and leveraging best practices. The following are areas required for support of these systems:
· Participation in selecting/procuring software solutions.
· Implementation of software system solutions.
· Performing, scheduling, and managing maintenance and upgrades.
· Performing system management operations including, but not limited to, configuration, tuning, solution resource management, etc.
The scope of this position covers the broad range of technical expertise required to develop, administer, and maintain University Enterprise application systems including:
· Participate or lead the planning, coordination and implementation of upgrades, maintenance, migrations, and integrations involving new and existing systems.
· Implement systems automation strategies.
· Systems and application monitoring and troubleshooting.
· Systems performance and security analysis.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
· Assisting in the design of systems and planning strategies to support integrations.
· Developing maintenance plans for large application systems.
· Participating in team efforts in projects involving enterprise system application installations, upgrades, maintenance, and migrations for specialty areas.
· May design and code software applications and scripts to support systems integration, configuration, and management.
This position may have on-call responsibilities and participate in on-call after-hours support.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.