Operations and SEED (Students for Energy & Entrepreneurial Development) Internship Program Coordinator
Job posting number: #7116438 (Ref:414446)
Posted: November 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Chain Reaction Innovations (CRI) is a two-year entrepreneurial program at Argonne that embeds climate tech and clean energy startup companies with a scientist at Argonne to help de-risk their technology and prepare for launch to market. CRI supports the innovators in each cohort by providing business and entrepreneurial training to support their companies as they grow and prepare for investment.
The SEED internship program was developed within CRI to support undergraduate under-resourced students from the Chicago metro area. This program will support approximately 5 interns per semester (fall/spring) and will focus on developing skills in entrepreneurship. CRI Leadership will mentor the students as the work alongside startup companies within CRI to provide real-life experience with an entrepreneur.
The Operations and SEED Internship Program Coordinator supports various operations-based functions within CRI and will coordinate multiple aspects of the SEED internship program. This individual will be responsible for standard procedures that will ensure smooth operations of CRI on a day-to-day basis and will provide support in many areas of the program as needed. The position will report to CRI Senior Program Specialist.
Primary Activities (Operations):
· Arrange onboarding processes for each new Cohort of innovators starting the program annually
· Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) tracking and management
· General Argonne guidance for innovators
· Provide reports as needed for DOE, ANL, LEEP, etc.
· Org Chart upkeep and design for each new cohort
· Review/Post/Manage application to CRI in ProposalSpace platform
· Initial screening of all applications
· Monitor and track reviews – follow-up with reviewers as needed
· Liaise with innovators divisions on administrative matters as needed
· Compile information for export control reviews
· Update and provide formal CRI Solicitation for review and posting to FedBizOps
· Provided guidance for end-of-CRADA requirements
· Manage contracts and budgets for events
· Request and manage work projects for events
· CRI Policy/Procedure/Process updates
· Track sponsorships and incoming funding for proper placement in accounts
· Flow charts/timelines/project overviews as requested
· General program support as needed – may include supporting programming, marketing, communications, or administrative needs
Primary Activities (SEED Program):
· Assist in recruiting/selection/onboarding/offboarding of interns
· Coordinate meetings with CRI team, innovators, interns
· Coordinate networking events as appropriate
· Assist interns with questions/concerns/deliverables
· Create and maintain surveys for feedback and metrics reporting
· Coordinate meetings with SEED Steering Committee
· Coordinate programming and schedule for interns
· Create and/or support creation of program collateral for outreach
· Research topics/needs for innovator support to be provided by interns
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (PA1 or PA2) depending upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge, skills, and experience brought to the position. The requirements for the desired levels are as follows:
- PA1 Level: Bachelor’s and 0+ Years of relevant experience or equivalent
- PA2 Level: Bachelor’s and 2+ Years of relevant experience or equivalent
· Outstanding communications skills: written, verbal, interpersonal.
· Strong teaming and collaboration skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data management software.
· Deadline driven, highly responsive.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects.
· Flexible and adaptable to fluid situations.
· Able to model CRI’s and Argonne’s values in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Able to build and maintain positive interpersonal relationships throughout the organization.
· Able to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Job FamilyProfessional Administrative (PA)
Job ProfileBusiness Administration 1
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.