SPECIALTY SHOP CASHIER (530am-230pm)
Job posting number: #7116637 (Ref:hlj_39607)
Posted: November 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Barista, Specialty Shop Cashier is responsible for preparing and serving coffee, beverages and food items to patients, guests and staff in Center Specialty Shops. This position is responsible for taking and preparing orders, providing customer service and using a cash register to complete cash and credit card transactions while maintaining a high level of customer service. supplies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Cash register and POS system
Must be able to accurately record cash and credit transactions, count and balance the cash register before and after each shift
- Customer Service and Communication
Must provide all customers excellent customer service, ability to multitask and perform under stressful conditions. Maintains positive and professional attitude to all staff/customers that reflects the values of the Center. Ability to speak clearly to guests, patients, and staff. Maintains professional, honest and ethical working relationships.
- Food Service
Must be able to operate coffee machine, and other food service equipment. Must stock and restock food items as needed. Follows all equipment safety guidelines. Ability to prepare hot and cold beverages and food items from current branded multi step recipes.
Must keep a clean and organized workspace, ensure proper sanitation and use proper safety and cleanliness standards. Ensures Specialty Shop cleanliness throughout the day. Maintains daily HACCP logs. Follows all proper handwashing procedures, equipment sanitation, and food handling guidelines to ensure infection prevention control.
- Reporting and Documentation
Must keep an accurate report of daily inventory and alert management of any equipment issues or failures. Consistently reports to work, follows all time clock and conduct policies and procedures.
- Team Member Responsibilities
Ability to work in a team-centered environment or independently, as needed. Ability to make simple decisions and multitask to ensure job duties are completed in timely manner while providing a high level of customer service.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of education requirement
- One (1) year experience using a cash register
- One (1) year customer service experience
- Preferred previous experience with espresso machines
- Ability to follow oral/written instruction and communicate effectively (speaking and reading) in English.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.