Res Technician II - Berkner Lab
Job posting number: #7116710 (Ref:ccf17135263)
Posted: November 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Fore more information please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/cms/berkner/
- Performs laboratory techniques procedures required for experimental studies including planning, organizing, performing and monitoring daily project protocols.
- Collects, prepares and maintains required research documentation, including informed consent records, case records, clinical notes and medical reports.
- Reports and assists with the management of protocol deviations, adverse events and other project-related issues, which could include assisting with establishing and scheduling of various procedures.
- Prepares reagents, purifies chemicals using chromatography, distillation, etc., identifies, separates and quantifies various substances.
- Accumulates data from analyses, prepares charts, graphs, statistical tables for presentation to Research Staff Supervisor for final analysis and preparation for publication, grant proposals and applications for research funds.
- Responsible for the assistance in general maintenance and upkeep of the lab.
- Assists in ordering and purchasing supplies as directed from the supervisors.
- Gathers information on new equipment necessary in the lab and recommends purchases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures, techniques, methods and analysis sufficient to perform a variety of research protocols; basic knowledge of quantitative and statistical methods normally attained through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a biological science major or a related field of study for Technician level.
- Or Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field and knowledge of laboratory maintenance and equipment, or Master's degree in biological sciences or related field and one year experience for Technologist level.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimal amount of applicable experience may be considered to offset up to one year of the college degree requirements for Technician level (after selection and placement into this position, up to six months of on-the-job training required to become familiar with laboratory techniques, procedures and research protocols).
- OR of two years of experience in a research or related laboratory environment for Technologist level.
- Visual acuity. The ability to distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Light lifting may be required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.