Paramedic - Emergency Department
Warrensville Hts, OH
Job posting number: #7116718 (Ref:ccf17136850)
Posted: November 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Obtains and records vital signs.
- Perform EKGs.
- Performs CPR.
- Initiates cardiac monitoring, notifies RN and/or physician of rhythm changes.
- Initiates oxygen therapy.
- Performs oral, nasal, and ET suctioning.
- Performs phlebotomy and initiates saline locks.
- Applies orthopedic appliances and simple splints.
- Sizes crutches and teaches crutch walking.
- Assists with equipment set-up, chest tubes, gastric lavage, LP, etc.
- Assists with restraint and seclusion of patients and application of restraint devices.
- Sitter to provide direct observation to patients as directed.
- Transport patients as required: stable unmonitored and monitored patients without titratable cardiovascular medications.
- Transport specimens to lab when needed.
- Assists with sterile procedures and adhere to sterile technique, universal precautions, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Point of care testing as applicable.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients; respects patients’ dignity and right to privacy.
- Supports the concept of teamwork and demonstrates a cooperative/collaborative demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited EMS-Paramedic training program.
- Current licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMTP) in the current State.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) preferred.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- One year experience as a EMT-P preferred.
- Clinical experience through a EMS Paramedic Training program required.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.