MMG BUSINESS ANALYST
Job posting number: #7116736 (Ref:hlj_41410)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
MMG - MMG BUSINESS ANALYST
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- The Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) is seeking an MMG Business Analyst who will provide direct support to MMG Leadership, Department Administrators, and the MMG Business Manager, with operational and financial reporting in support of optimal practice management for Moffitt Medical Group’s (MMG) ongoing projects and business needs.
- The Business Analyst specializes in the development of data models and analytic strategies. This role is responsible for data analytics and additional support of performance measures, ongoing measurement, data collection, data and variance reporting, data visualization, and information dissemination. This role is responsible for supporting comprehensive operational reporting solutions as well as the preparation of analytics used in the business. Interacts with all levels of management, interviews stakeholders and presents developments and findings to business users. The Business Analyst is widely recognized as the subject matter expert that works with business users to solve high priority organizational analytic problems in multiple domains, including but not limited to clinical quality, operations, and finance.
- Data Modeling and Reporting
- Data Analysis
- Collaboration with Stakeholders
- Under the supervision of the MMG Business Manager, prepares data and financial models, performs data analysis, monitors data, and creates reports and dashboards for MMG departments and business needs.
- Responsible for pulling data from multiple sources on a both recurring and ad hoc basis to meet the needs.
- Data modeling and reporting includes, but is not limited to productivity reporting and dashboards, quality reporting, staffing and service models and practice analytics.
- Analyze data and trends to establish appropriate action plans, recommendations, and updates for practice management, process improvement, MMG initiatives and projects, and as needed per department.
- Assists in presenting advanced data analyses findings to diverse audiences, where needed, and can answer questions and defend methodologies used, results and recommendations.
- Summarizes findings in written reports and presentations for MMG Leadership, Department Administrators, and Business Manager.
- Resolves data discrepancies and reconciles within specified time frames and as needed by MMG Business Manager.
- Performs data quality assurance (QA) on all newly developed reports and dashboards created for Moffitt Medical Group and conducts quarterly quality assurance for existing MMG dashboards and reports.
- Select and run reports from data warehouses and reporting systems, including but not limited to, Moffitt Institutional Reports Repository (MRR), Analytic Web Player (AWP), SQL Serving Reporting Services (SSRS), Power Business Intelligence (BI), Oracle Analytics, and Spotfire.
- Works under the supervision of the MMG Business Manager and collaborates with the Data Quality Business Intelligence (DQBI) department, Finance department, Process Excellence department, and any other key stakeholders for report development and analytics.
- Serves as a data resource for MMG ongoing initiatives and reporting needs.
- Independently meets and collaborates with Department Administrators to identify business needs and create data models.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, Health Informatics, Data Analytics or equivalent field of study required.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in data analysis, data and financial modeling, report development, and business analysis, preferably in the healthcare setting.
- Expert level Excel knowledge, i.e. PowerQuery, data connections, VBA, v-lookups, charts, pivot tables, functions and formulas, data sorting, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint and Visio.
- Demonstrated experience with report/dashboard design and visualizations techniques.
- Knowledge with analytical tools, i.e. Report Repositories, Analytic Web Player (AWP), SQL Serving Reporting Services (SSRS), Power Business Intelligence (BI), Oracle Analytics, Spotfire, etc.
- Ability to navigate and conceptualize complex data structures.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.