Registered Nurse Neuro
Job posting number: #7116774 (Ref:ccf17143434)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join our team at Cleveland Clinic and experience world-class healthcare at its best. Cleveland Clinic is named the No. 4 hospital in the United States according to the U.S. and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will be part of a talented, compassionate, and driven team of caregivers. You will work with state-of-the-art technology and provide stellar patient care. At Cleveland Clinic you will build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
Caregivers on the Neurology unit provide care to complex neurological patients ranging from young adult to geriatric, with diagnoses of conditions such as ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, subdural hematomas, status epilepticus/seizures, brain tumors, neuromuscular disorders and spinal injuries. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Neurology Unit, you will:
-Provide direct nursing care.
-Monitor and document patient's condition effectively.
-Administer prescribed medications and treatments.
-Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
-Maintain professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Works well in a supportive, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
-Is compassionate, adaptable, and works well in a close-knit team environment.
-Is motivated to learn, has critical thinking skills, and has decisive judgement.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who are flexible and would like to advance their career growth opportunities within Cleveland Clinic.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in specialty.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows ho spital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
- BLS required
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.