Job posting number: #7116779 (Ref:ccf17141821)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Director, the Technician ED is responsible for performing various duties assisting in the care of adult, geriatric, adolescent and newborn patients as assigned by the registered nurse including the care of complex patients.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Prepares patient rooms and patient beds for receiving incoming Emergency Room patients. Greets patients and prepares patient for exam.
- As directed, takes and records temperature, pulse, pulse oximetry, respirations, weight, height, EKGs, completes catheterizations, enemas, first aid dressings and orthopedic splints under the direction of the physician.
- Answers telephone and places calls to physician offices. Scans charts, uses fax for appropriate transfer of information, enters patient charges and participates in nursing reports by receiving and contributing to status report of patients.
- Maintains accurate and timely registration with minimal error rate. Accurately uses insurance verification systems to ensure insurance companies are properly and fully billed for services rendered. Accurately uses and enters correct patient information in
- Assists in emergency situations with EKG, oxygen set-up, CPR and monitor, summons ambulance and paramedics with associated paperwork.
- Collects, records, properly labels and transports specimens to lab with associated paperwork.
- Assists in keeping patient rooms in order, reporting equipment that is out of order, cleaning equipment and mandatory inventory and distributing unit linen and supplies.
- As directed, sets up and assists the physician with certain procedures, i.e. pelvic exams, suturing, set up of suture tray according to sterile technique.
- Reports to appropriate nursing personnel pertinent information including any changes observed in condition or behavior of patient.
- Documents per policy, care provided to patients in an accurate, legible, and timely manner.
- Adapts to change in workload and recognizes and responds to priorities in patient care.
- Assists in orientation of ED technicians and other personnel.
- Assists RN and accepts patient care assignments to the ED Observation Unit for the delivery of safe patient care according to established protocols as assigned.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent with related experience and/or training in Medical Assisting STNA and/or Emergency Medical Technician.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Broad knowledge of medical terminology.
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant or EMT preferred. Previous experience with personal computer office equipment and clerical duties required. One to two years experience in related jobs in a hospital or health care facility.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.