RN Ambulatory Team Lead - Family Medicine
Job posting number: #7116785 (Ref:ccf17141827)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Team Lead Registered Nurse (RN) on the Ambulatory team, you will:
- Provide professional nursing care to a specific patient population in a variety of ambulatory settings.
- Assist in providing clinical oversight to assigned employees and patients to ensure quality and safe care.
- Coordinate and resolve daily operational issues in specified clinical area. Works as part of an interdisciplinary care team.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Works well in a supportive, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Is compassionate, adaptable, and works well in a close-knit team environment.
- Is motivated to learn, has critical thinking skills, and decisive judgement.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Performs duties of the RN ambulatory
- Coordinates and resolves daily operational issues in specified clinical area. Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety initiatives.
- Facilitates orientation, teaching, coaching and mentoring of assigned employees. Assists in the preparation of the department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvement and research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, and patient safety. Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety initiatives. Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and effective transition of care.
- Some RN Ambulatory work may require travel within the region to support physician clinics and surgical procedures in various locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- The ability to travel within Cleveland Clinic regional locations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- Minimum two years recent experience as a Registered Nurse required. Previous charge nurse or supervisory experience preferred.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.