Telephone Triage Nurse Team Lead
Job posting number: #7116788 (Ref:ccf17141817)
Posted: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Telephone Triage Registered Nurse-Team Lead, you will be responsible for providing 24/7 healthcare support to our patients. This role requires someone who can multitask and has excellent communication skills. A Telephone Triage RN must have experience caring for patients of all ages and medical conditions. An RN in this role should be familiar with navigating multiple systems to meet patient needs.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is a team player.
-Has excellent communication skills.
-Can adapt to change.
-Has an interest in growing leadership skills.
-Can critically think and problem solve for patients’ best interests.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to provide exceptional patient care while working remotely. Cleveland Clinic will assist you by providing tuition reimbursement and cross-training for professional development.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand in hand.
This position is a part-time position to work 3-8s, 3:00pm-11:30pm. Weekend and holiday rotation is every other. It is mostly remote but needs to come to the office for leadership meetings, orienting, or local power/internet outage.
Telephonic triage experience of one year of more is required for this role.
- Performs the duties of the Telephone Triage Nurse.
- Coordinates and resolves daily operational issues. Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety initiatives.
- Ensures adequate staffing on current and next shift and initiates on-call RN as needed, as well as contacts staff when additional staffing required due to call-offs or other scheduling needs.
- Communicates with Nurse on Call team during phone/computer outages as needed to coordinate the disaster recovery plan.
- Works closely with remote staff to problem-solve computer issues and determine the need for relocation to the home office or alternate location if problem will not be resolved in a timely manner.
- Facilitates orientation, teaching, coaching and mentoring of assigned employees. Assists in the preparation of the department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Serves as a clinical resource for staff including RNs, LPNs, Medical Assistants, and the office coordinator as needed.
- Communicates with patients/callers and physicians requesting to speak with a supervisor using HEART service recovery skills, documenting call if appropriate, and escalating to manager when necessary.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvement and research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, and patient safety.
- Shares on-call duties with administration team for managing operation needs as needed.
- Combination remote work (if applicable) and in-house work based on department needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current State Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Certification in nursing specialty preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Professional behavior required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- Telephone Triage experience required. Registered Nurse with 5 or more years of experience in a medical-surgical, primary care, pediatric, ED, or case management.
- Previous charge nurse or supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time within a confined space.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity of eye hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.