PROCESS EXCELLENCE COACH
Job posting number: #7117296 (Ref:hlj_42018)
Posted: December 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Process Excellence (PEx) Project Consultant works with internal clients in the development and facilitation of process improvement initiatives using tools and techniques designed to achieve sustainable change and continuous improvement. Initiatives focus on improvement opportunities in delivery, safety, quality, satisfaction, and cost and may occur in any division of Moffitt such as the hospital, clinics, ancillary services, research, or support and administrative areas.
The Project Consultant will also assist in the continuous improvement of the PEx approach, tools, techniques, and training used to support improvement initiatives and the integration of PEx into the Moffitt culture.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Industrial Engineering or closely related Business/Healthcare field
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Design Thinking Certification
- Certified Scrum Master
- Lean facilitation experience with LEAN tool proficiency
- Healthcare process improvement experience
- Microsoft Visio, MURAL and exposure to some resource management software (i.e. Planview)
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Operation Management, Health Administration, Organizational Psychology, Industrial Engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years process/continuous improvement (teams/projects) implementation and support experience with positive outcomes (Business Operations, Nursing, Healthcare Management, etc).
- Facilitates or co-facilitates (with Sr. PEx Coach) teams through charter development, problem definition, current state mapping, root cause identification, ideal state visioning, improvement brainstorming, solution prioritization, future state mapping, and solution design. Introduces team to PEx/LEAN concepts, tools and techniques such as waste, 5S, problem-solving, standard work, flow, journey mapping, and continuous improvement.
- Provides ongoing coaching on how to remain focused on the customer/patient, make incremental changes to further add value and eliminate waste, and work more independently in the management.
- Performs current state assessments including interviews with process users, process observation, and process mapping.
- Assists in the implementation of strategies such as daily huddles and visibility walls in order to further integrate PEx into the Moffitt culture.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.