Clinical Placement Coordinator
Job posting number: #7117300 (Ref:BSU34937)
Posted: December 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The School of Nursing, an academic community, embraces an innovative and collaborative approach that:
- Facilitates learning through an interactive and inter-professional educational environment.Inspires engagement in service and lifelong learning through high quality and diverse experience.
- Inspires engagement in service and lifelong learning through high quality and diverse experience.
- Engages in research and education to enhance quality of life, reduce health disparities, and improve access to care within communities across the lifespan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track and verify health clearance and background check requirements for assigned students; guide students through the purchase of health clearance and background check packages; read and decipher students' medical records, including vaccination records, blood test titer results, TB test results; review criminal background checks for possible criminal infractions and report to the Director and appropriate Associate Director; communicate with background check and health clearance vendor(s) representatives.
- Provide comprehensive project support to the Associate Directors, Director, and faculty.
- Coordinate and manage clinical placements of baccalaureate and graduate students in collaboration with the Associate Directors and health care community partners to ensure diversity of clinical learning experiences.
- Provide onboarding/orientation for preceptors, including clear outcomes & expectations for students and preceptors.
- Serve as member of Baccalaureate, Master's and DNP Curriculum Committees.
- Coordinate and manage student orientations in collaboration with the Associate Directors.
- Collaborate with Graduate School and verifying graduation clearance.
- Collaborate and participate with Division of Online and Strategic Learning maintaining and expanding State Authorizations.
- Responsible for current graduate nursing students, developing and updating plans of study.
- Complete education verifications and gap analysis. Responsible for ensuring appropriate referrals based on timely and accurate assessment within 48-72 hours.
- Collaborate with Graduate Program Coordinator to ensure documents submitted in Core are aligned with the required admissions and clinical placement workflow process.
- Provide the Associate Directors statistical information, nursing organizational surveys, annual and semester graduate student applications, admissions, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Complete training with American DataBank and CB Bridges.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.