Science Lab Assistant
Metropolitan Community College
Job posting number: #7117464
Posted: December 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description
The Science Lab Assistant will assist the Science Lab with daily duties in the science labs including set up and clean-up of all labs, preparing materials for labs, washing and putting away glassware, including assisting on special projects.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Washing glassware and other items used in the labs
2. Putting away clean glassware
3. Stocking supplies in the labs
4. Filling distilled water in all labs and prep room
5. Cleaning of labs and prep area
6. Assisting with any set-up, take down and clean-up of labs as needed
7. Assist with taking care of plants, insect culture and fish
8. Assist with culture media for Microbiology
9. Cleaning microscopes as needed
10. Assist with putting together materials for the CHEM 1010 lab kits
11. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient computer skills.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
3. Excellent communication skills including active listening.
4. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
6. Ability to demonstrate cooperation and professionalism while maintaining patience and understanding in stressful situations.
7. Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Metropolitan Community College recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable the candidate to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Work experience in a comparable educational or science-related position.