REMOTE Sr. Business Analyst - PeopleSoft Financial
Job posting number: #7117690 (Ref:10018166)
Posted: January 13, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $43.91 - $70.25 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit at any of the 48 States. Must be willing to work Pacific Hours. **
Responsible for business process management which includes developing and maintaining a repository of organizational and tactical objectives, process documentation, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators. Routinely review and analyze business process, workflow procedures, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for improvements. Participates in medium to large system related projects to develop business case during project initiation, identify business needs and develop functional requirements and prototypes for system design, develop testing validation requirements for system testing, and assist in change management strategies for adoption of new systems or system changes throughout the project life cycle.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain repository of organizational and tactical objectives, process documentation, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators.
- Participate as core team member of medium to large system related projects under the direction of a project manager.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, compile high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Project Feasibility Studies/Business Case Analysis; Business Process Documentation/Work Flow Diagrams; Functional Requirements/Business Requirements Documentation; Functional Specifications; Use Cases, mock-up of GUI Screen and Interface designs.
- Understand the solution options that are available, and help project stakeholders prioritize those options based on their merits, and eventually select the best option.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Distinguish a business problem’s symptoms from its root cause, and help discover the true root cause.
- Identify all the systems, processes and users that are impacted by the business problem, and/or the solution.
- Ensure that the system/process users’ interests are known and communicated to other project stakeholders.
- Application troubleshooting as a result of a reported helpdesk incident
- User Training on Development applications
- Configure application user interface according to functional specifications
- Develop low complexity reports using integrated application tools.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or related discipline -Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 5-7 years of business analysis or consulting experience with Non-Profit organizations. 3+ yrs of experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Mapping, Sequence and Activity diagramming required.
- Project lead responsibilities for at least two (2) large multi-user system implementations
- Comply with IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysts) standards
- CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional) from IIBA
Preferred education experience and skills:
- MBA Preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $43.91 - $70.25 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.