FLEET SERVICES COORDINATOR
Job posting number: #7117733 (Ref:hlj_42205)
Posted: December 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Fleet Services Coordinator ensures that fleet vehicles are properly maintained, serviced, cleaned, and maintained in good mechanical and aesthetic condition. Ensures all vehicle state registrations are current and hard-copy vehicle titles are maintained. Ensures all driver's licenses are current and checks driving records twice-a-year to ensure compliance. Serves as the primary instructor for Fleet Safety and Safe Vehicle Operations training held during new-hire onboarding and twice per year in-house training-reminders.
This position will report directly to the Manager of Parking & Transportation and works with Purchasing and department counterparts to support research and patient care. Ensures purchase orders are collected and submitted in timely fashion. Coordinates the purchase and sale of equipment/vehicles needed or requiring disposal from active inventory. Constantly explores new and innovative ways to save the institution money and time; willing to think outside of the box.
Effectively manages numerous tasks and activities simultaneously. Establishes priorities and displays resourcefulness in the completion of daily tasks and special projects, creating a professional environment conducive to a smooth running operation. Represents and supports the mission, philosophy, and goals of the Cancer Center.
- Ensures basic preventive maintenance materials (oil, oil filters, air filters, coolant, windshield wiper blades, washer fluid, etc) are purchased, inventoried, and stocked.
- Ensures all work areas are safe and clean to prevent slip-n-falls or accidents. Conducts constant and regular PMs on all vehicles.
- Test drives all vehicles to ensure safe-road worthiness and cleanliness.
- Ensures each vehicle starts and is fully gassed up.
- Ensures vehicle keys are secured and easily accessible by approved staff. Provides a method for drivers to immediately report vehicle mechanical issues or problems encountered.
- Conducts and records results of once-a-month bumper to bumper inspections for all fleet vehicles and documents mileage accumulated per vehicle per month.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with local vehicle repair facilities and dealerships.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- CDL Class A, B, or C with “p endorsement” required
- Valid Driver’s license required, must obtain Florida license within 6 months of hire – *All Moffitt Drivers must be of age 25 or older within 90 days of start date
- Minimum of three (3) years of fleet maintenance experience required.
- Practical working knowledge and experience in basic automotive repair and preventative maintenance (identifies minor mechanical issues before they become major problems)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.