Assistant Professor of Musicology (20th and 21st century Western Art Music), tenure-track
Job posting number: #7118622 (Ref:if108681)
Posted: December 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The University of Oklahoma invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Musicology in the School of Music, Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts.
- Teach a 2 + 2 course load. This load includes part of the undergraduate music major survey, graduate-level seminars on 20th and 21st century music, and new courses related to the applicant’s interests and areas of expertise.
- Build and maintain an active research program. Establish a record of creative activity and research productivity in national and international venues leading to being a recognized authority in one’s field.
- Mentor graduate students and serve on graduate advisory committees (MA, PhD, and DMA).
- Participate in service to the School of Music, the University, and the profession.
- Ph.D. in Musicology. Applicants who are ABD with an expected date of completion in May 2023 will be considered.
- Scholarly excellence through written work, either through a record of scholarly publication or strong evidence of the potential for publication.
- Demonstrated excellence in college-level teaching either as a faculty member or graduate teaching assistant.
- Experience teaching music majors and music graduate students.
- A secondary area of specialization in media studies or another area that diversifies the course offerings and research strengths of existing faculty in terms of time periods, geographical regions, musical genres, or methodological approaches.
- Commitment to contributing to the vitality of the academic community within the School of Music and across the University through innovative teaching and dedicated service.
- Candidates apply online through https://apply.interfolio.com/118673.
- Please provide a letter of application; a curriculum vitae; three confidential letters of recommendation. A teaching video and writing sample will be requested from finalists at a later date.
- Review of applications begins on February 1, 2023, and will continue until filled.
Inquiries should be directed to the search committee chair:
Dr. Sanna Pederson, Mavis C. Pitman Professor of Musicology
University of Oklahoma School of Music
500 W. Boyd
Norman, OK 73019