Animal Care Technician I
Job posting number: #7119321 (Ref:hh-60884BR)
Posted: January 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position DescriptionDuties include: disassembling and emptying dirty cages, loading cage components into cage wash machines, unloading cage wash machine, loading and unloading sterilizers, reassembling cage components, disinfection of animal-related supplies prior to use, general cleaning and maintenance of cage wash machines and sterilizers, general cleaning and maintenance of cage wash area; other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Basic QualificationsHigh School Diploma or equivalent.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with and relate to various personnel throughout the University
Additional InformationThis is an in-person position based on our campus in Boston.
This position is considered to be essential personnel for Harvard Center for Comparative Medicine. Weekend and holiday work may be required as well as attendance during school closures (due to inclement weather and/or other emergencies).
Offer contingent upon successful completion of a pre-placement medical evaluation.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.