Manager, UX Design/Front-End Developer
South San Francisco, CA
Job posting number: #7120050 (Ref:4874084 )
Posted: January 6, 2023
Application Deadline: February 7, 2023
Job DescriptionWhy Patients Need You
We live in a world of fast knowledge creation supported by technology platforms. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy looks to accelerate the delivery of impactful technology solutions for research, development and medical functions. We also look to constantly improve our skills by collaboration and information sharing through business technology to help employees find the best healthcare solutions for our patients. You will be working with a team of innovators who keep our systems up and running as well as our information secure. We need dedicated colleagues like you to enhance patients’ quality of care through new ideas and innovative information technology solutions.
What You Will Achieve
This role will revolve primarily around UX/UI design in order to modernize our existing platforms as a front-end developer. The qualified individual will utilize a basic knowledge of informatics to support R&D laboratories through development, support, and validation of computer systems. A background in front end development or graphic design is strongly preferred, along with a portfolio of prior works. The qualified individual will work closely in tandem with back-end developers to create functional and user-friendly systems. The overall goal is to make systems more user friendly by addressing the clicks it takes to perform tasks, adding efficiency to logical paths for complex workflows, and/or enhancing the appearance of the systems.
The ideal candidate will also be familiar with agile methodologies and general project management, and champion those principles throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have strong writing skills to assist in documentation related activities like regular updating of technical design specs, trace matrix, and similar.
A basic foundation in the software development lifecycle is desirable along with a general knowledge of computer programming languages, such as C++, Java, .NET, SAS, PHP, SQL, LabWare LIMS Basic and/or other web scripting languages. The individual may also be involved with computer programming, system administration, and support of computer systems used within clinical testing operations. These activities, which include software validation, will focus on collecting business requirements, converting them to functional solutions, validating the solutions, and deploying them into a production environment.
The individual will have strong communication skills, have the ability to take direction and work independently, meet tight deadlines, coordinate activities across groups, train end-users, and assist with improving large scale processes. The individual will be expected to contribute to technical tasks by taking close direction.
Most of the activities performed follow GxP regulations, so an understanding of Quality processes and their relation to software administration, documentation, and programming is necessary. The individual will have a strong passion for innovation and all associated activities.
As a Manager, you provide guidance to operational teams for managing projects. Your planning skills will help in preparing forecasts for resource requirements and providing areas of improvement for products, processes, or services. Through your comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of the discipline, you will also work towards advancing new concepts and methodologies. You will be able to take a leadership role to facilitate agreements between different teams.
It is your hard work and commitment that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
· Design and implement user-friendly and visually stimulating front-ends for laboratory end users
· Streamline system clicks and workflows to make them more efficient (potentially train users on systems)
· Analyze user requirements, models, and specifications in order to convert them to technical solutions.
· Champion agile development principles both internally and across the organization
· Proactively update and enhance system design specs and similar SDLC documentation
· Write/update departmental SOPs, maintain technical paperwork, and migrate such data to archive repository.
· Use computer science/information systems/life sciences knowledge in order to design, build, configure, program, and/or validate computer code, master data, reports, forms, and interfaces.
· Contribute to activities around debugging and testing of any solutions.
· Participate in validation activities, specifically around development of test scripts and other GxP documentation generated during system support and validation.
· Follow change management processes for routine changes, for example routine change controls.
· Provide day-to-day end-user support and take a leadership role in monitoring “help desk” support queue.
· Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements.
· BS/BA in Graphic Design, Digital Arts, Computer Science, Information Systems, Life Sciences, or a related Computational Field with 8+ years’ experience or MS/MA with 5+ years in similar backgrounds.
· Demonstrated portfolio of prior graphic design work and experience with front end development
· General understanding of programming languages
· Master's degree and relevant pharmaceutical experience.
· Experience with designing, developing, and querying databases (SQL), preferred.
· Knowledge of the software validation lifecycle, preferred.
· Strong understanding of Excel and/or Access (and other database software), expected.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required.
· Proven track record of managing deadlines and scheduling workload, required.
· Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills and strong competency with tools (tools to be added by Hiring Manager).
· Experience performing biological assays.
· Thorough knowledge of various programming languages, web development. technologies, computer architecture and/or algorithms.
· Good organizational, negotiation skills and time management capability.
TOTAL BASE PAY RANGE
90,800.00 - 181,700.00 USD Annual
Work primarily performed at individual’s desk or may require walking around to various laboratories/biosuites. Will spend a great deal of time coding, analyzing data, writing documentation, and testing technical solutions.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Weekend/night work required on occasion when coordinating off hour system upgrades or weekend end-user support. Travel may be required to vendors or collaborative sites, as needed.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.