Job posting number: #7121019 (Ref:BSU35341)
Posted: January 12, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The university offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial and analytical support for Undergraduate Exercise Science, Teaching Major in Physical Education and Health, and Physical Fitness and Wellness programs and coordinators, and assigned faculty; includes schedule meetings; process change of grade forms, withdrawal, and late add/drop forms; enter registration permission; gather data for reports; maintain files.
- Monitor and track budget expenditures for assigned programs, and faculty including foundation accounts, RIA funds, lab expenses, and grants; maintain confidential records; process purchases, reimbursements, and deposits.
- Gather, process, and track paperwork for faculty and student travel including pre-approvals and reimbursements; use Fleet Commander for BSU vehicle requests.
- Provide support for Program Canvas communities; includes posting announcements; assigning users; organizing and updating documents; post Commcenter announcements; communicate with students and visitors in the absence of assigned faculty.
- Distribute administrative surveys and gather results; assist with organizing internship forms and required documents; prepare, route, and archive affiliation agreements.
- Hire, train, and supervise student employees; assign and direct the work requested by faculty and staff of student employees and review when completed; train students in various office equipment and School policies; coordinate and distribute student work schedules, provide coverage in their absence, and monitor and approve recorded time in Kronos.
- Act as School liaison regarding scheduling facility spaces (e.g., Sports Facilities, Rec Center, Arena Lounge) and provide support for classroom technology issues; submit facility schedules and work orders (e.g., carpentry, sign shop, electricians, key shop, etc) and excess/move requests.
- Manage the equipment room; includes track the inventory; monitor the requests for and return of equipment; train student workers in the inventory check-in, check-out procedures.
- Maintain and organize mail/workrooms and office supply inventory; distribute and coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.