Scientist - Computer Aided Drug Discovery / MOLECULAR MODELLING
Job posting number: #7121025
Posted: January 12, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSelvita is a global integrated drug discovery partner for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries with laboratories in Poland (Krakow & Poznan), Croatia (Zagreb), and offices in Cambridge, UK, Greater Boston Area & San Francisco Bay Area in the US. The company offers drug discovery support at every stage of the early discovery phase up to the preclinical research phase.
Continuous recruitment – that’s about Selvita! We are focused on constant team growth and we hire new employees on an ongoing basis. The team growth rate correlates with the growth of the project portfolio we perform for our clients. We are a stable employer with a clear perspective for the future.
Due to dynamic development, we are seeking Computational Chemists to grow our Computational Chemistry & Machine Learning Team inside the Organic & Medicinal Chemistry Department. This is a unique opportunity to develop and work with transformative technology in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment, having the input into drug discovery projects for biotech and pharma companies from Europe, the USA, and the rest of the world.
At Selvita, we work knowing that the research we do, makes an impact on human lives.
- As a member of interdisciplinary project teams, you take over responsibility for the early project phases including hit finding and hit follow-up.
- You support research projects with state-of-the-art computational chemistry methods
and contribute to the design and optimization of lead compounds.
- In your new role, you enhance our method portfolio with the newly emerging CompChem methods e.g. from areas such as artificial intelligence, cheminformatics, or structure-based design.
- Experience in CADD, cheminformatics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated skills in the application of computer-assisted drug design using modeling,
and computational software.
- Experience in working within a drug discovery environment would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with pharmacological and medicinal chemistry concepts.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented environment.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with medicinal chemists, structural biologists, and other members of cross-functional project teams.
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Maintain and develop a working knowledge of state-of-the-art computational chemistry methods and their application to drug design.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Specific knowledge of any of these areas is less critical, however than outstanding intellectual ability, unusually strong research skills, and a history of innovation and accomplishment.
Your Benefits Package:
- Extensive research facilities and modern laboratories.
- Daily cooperation and know-how exchange with an experienced research team.
- Long-term cooperation based on stable employment conditions and a clear career path.
- Support of experienced mentors with international scientific experience.
- Benefits: private medical care, on-site fitness zone & subsidized sports card, lunch benefits & fruits in the office, on-site, subsidized kindergarten.
- Support in legalization and relocation from abroad.
- Language courses (English & Polish).
- Complex training programs.
- Support & incentive bonus for completing Ph.D.
- Various sports initiatives.
- Referral program.