Job posting number: #7121137 (Ref:414711)
Posted: January 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite you to apply to a new Events Assistant position. In this role, you will contribute to the planning and support of events organized by Communications and Public Affairs, including but not limited to tours, conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars, and protocol visits.
In this role you can expect to:
- Support successful tours and events that achieve the goals and outcomes established by key Laboratory internal and external stakeholders and ensures a favorable image and attitude toward the Laboratory and its programs.
- Coordinate logistical details for guests, visitors, organizers, speakers, vendors, and attendees – including, but not limited to, catering, transportation, and materials.
- Process gate passes and ensure compliance with Department of Energy policies and procedures.
- Create registration sites for clients using Cvent – an online registration platform.
- Interact with visitors to ensure they are prepared for their time at the laboratory.
- Willingness to learn and implement standard industry practices and protocols of strategic event management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills resulting in positive, productive interactions with external and internal contacts at all levels, including senior Laboratory management and all visitors.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in digital tools required for successful tour and event management (including but not limited to Box, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Cvent, Qualtrics, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Experience demonstrating organizational skills, resourcefulness, creativity, and the ability to solve problems independently with attention to details.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork.
This hybrid work role is mostly on-site in Lemont, Illinois with some remote days not exceeding 40% of regularly scheduled time. The nature of this work requires the ability to work irregular hours including rare weekends, as necessary.
This job description documents the general nature of the work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Job FamilyProfessional Administrative (PA)
Job ProfileConference & Event Planning 1
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.