PA-C / APRN- Procedural/First Assist – Reconstructive Oncology
Job posting number: #7121491 (Ref:hlj_42718)
Posted: January 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Procedural/First Assist – Reconstructive Oncology Program
Based in the Reconstructive Oncology Program at our McKinley Campus, the Procedural Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Assists physicians with the Reconstructive surgical evaluation, management and treatment of the Oncology patient.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
- Scope includes both outpatient clinic and operating room responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Has experience in Plastic Surgery both in the operating room and in the outpatient clinic setting.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for surgical conditions within scope of practice.
- Assists the Surgeon in the Operating Room
- Performs minor procedures and biopsy type procedures independently and within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
- Active FL medical license or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS. ACLS preferred. (must be AHA approved)
- Experience in oncology or general surgery; Plastics related, microsurgery experience is a plus. Surgical assist experience strongly preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.