CERTIFIED STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7121671 (Ref:hlj_42836)
Posted: January 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician functions within sterile processing to process instruments, equipment and supplies for utilization in the operating room, in-house departments and clinics; this includes appropriate record keeping and distribution. Observes all rules and regulations governing processing standards of practice regarding all methods of sterilization and processing. Works independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks and resolve many issues at one time.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- CBSPD (Certification Board Sterile Processing and Distribution) or IAHCSMM - CRCST (Certified
Registered Central Service Technician) at hire.
- In lieu of certification, 3 years of relevant experience as described below and must obtain one of the required certifications within 12 months from date of hire.
- IAHCSMM - CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) or CBSPD (Certified Board Sterile Processing and Distribution) is required within a year of hire
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience and CRCST or CBSPD certification is required.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of medical supplies required. Familiarity with O.R. routines, infection control principles and regulatory practices required.
- Experience with an automated inventory control system preferred. Experience with automated database for instrumentation preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.