Graduate Program Coordinator
Job posting number: #7121705 (Ref:BSU35445)
Posted: January 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The University offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations of graduate programs; communicate with students via email and telephone to address questions and referrals appropriate personnel; and assist students with required processing of forms.
- Process each semester clinical course forms submitted by graduate students; verify accuracy and completion of required forms and agency agreement(s); maintain data base to track participation of preceptors who work with graduate students; verify agency agreements approved by the University; confirms students submitted paperwork into CORE ELMS for faculty review.
- Collaborate with faculty each semester to update clinical course documents.
- Monitor graduate submission applications through university application system; collaborate with Associate Director for Graduate Program and prepare admission documents for the admission and progression committees; schedule application interviews; etc.
- Maintain and update information in the graduate and faculty Canvas communities.
- Supervise student employee; delegate, oversee, and evaluate student employee’s work, includes ensure student employee maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Monitor and communicate to Associate Director for Graduate Program each semester student enrollment in all graduate courses; and assign permission for enrollment in Banner for all graduate students.
- Serve as backup for other staff and perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain and update student permanent records for all graduate students.
- Collate results from exit surveys, course clinical agencies, and university course evaluations each semester, accreditation and organizational survey, etc.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Track and verify health clearance and background check requirements for graduate students and assigned baccalaureate students; guide students through the purchase of health clearance and background check package requirement; read and decipher students’ person medical records, including vaccination records, blood test titer results, TB test results, CPR training, required education training, and criminal background checks for possible criminal infractions and reported to the Director and appropriate Associate Program Directors; communicate with background check and health clearance vendor(s) representatives. Keep up-to-date on all guidance from the University and Centers for Disease Control about any current recommendations, especially related to any public health crisis.
- Complete continuous training with American DataBank and CB Bridges. Train students and faculty as needed on how to utilize these systems. Maintain a working knowledge of AceMapps.
- Assist and ensure assigned students have registration information for CB Bridges and have purchased an account. In collaboration with the Associate Director for Baccalaureate Program and baccalaureate faculty, validate each semester clinical faculty have scheduled students based on clinical rotations in CB Bridges.
- Refer to Associate Director for Graduate Program for request of letters of reference and education verification from students and employers.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.