Job posting number: #7121851 (Ref:10019596)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $22.00 - $28.65 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Provides security for patients, employees, and visitors; protects buildings, assets, and premises as assigned. Works under the supervision of the Security Supervisor on shift but during the assignment works independently, exercising initiative on matters not prescribed within established policies and procedures
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and staff in answering their inquiries. Should have sufficient strength and agility to deter and apprehend intruders. Should be alert and have good judgement in detecting and reporting unusual situations which indicate a danger to life and property
- Secure premises:
- Patrols hospital buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intruders via, assigned truck, foot and/or volunteer bike patrol
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities.
- Secures or lost and found articles; maintains logs of items received
- Secures and escorts medical staff with patients that have deceased providing protection for the body
- Parking lot monitoring, traffic patrol and transportation:
- Controls parking and traffic flow; enforces parking regulations.
- Assists with moving or transporting barriers
- Emergency Response and Business Continuity Management:
- Responds to emergency (fire, oppression, etc.) conditions to contain and control for the protection of life and property.
- Participates in business continuity management recovery team and attends annual exercise(s).
- Reports, Monitoring and Investigations:
- Monitors conduct of visitors on hospital premises; confronts unauthorized persons for questioning as needed.
- Notify, escalate and document unusual or suspicious incidents to Security Supervisor. Reports safety and/or fire hazards or security violations.
- Escorts personnel to parking lots and hospital buildings.
- Participates in investigations; maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to security activities.
- Utilizes two-way radio communications
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- 2 years of security experience required. Hospital security experience preferred
- Ipad, IMAC, PC and or tablet skills
- AB5O8/management of aggressive behavior within 3 months of hire
- Current CA Driver’s license; Guard Registration card; pepper spray permit; CPR and First Aid within 3 months of hire;
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Associate’s Degree, Criminal Justice
- Chemical agent (OC/Pepper spray
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [CHOOSE ONE salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Evening shift
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $22.00 - $28.65 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.