REMOTE: Senior IT Project Manager
Job posting number: #7121852 (Ref:10019510)
Posted: March 23, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $53.13 - $85.00 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
**This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. Must be willing to work Pacific Hours**
The Senior IT Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing one or more IT projects with intermediate to high complexity, interacting closely with internal staff and business partners to effectively develop and deliver project solutions. This position is accountable for the timely completion of all project management deliverables per established IT PMO requirements for all assigned projects and must ensure that project delivery is executed according to the IT PMO framework/methodology identified for each project.
The Senior IT PM must effectively balance multiple projects and either oversee the creation of or develop project documentation such as business requirements, project plans, project schedules, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manages up to 5 projects of various sizes or 1 -3 large and/or multi-year projects that span one or multiple functional areas
- Ensures adherence to project management processes and best practices as defined by IT PMO
- Serves as a primary point-of-contact for assigned projects, managing day-to-day activities and resources.
- Partners with business, impacted technology areas, and IT PMO to ensure project delivery that achieves project goals and objectives within agreed upon scope, budget, and schedule.
- Completes project deliverables that are timely and meet quality and customer expectations, including estimates, project plans, and all other documentation and artifacts. This may also include presentations to executives, project team members and others.
- Manages project change requests needed to adjust schedule, budget, or scope. Makes recommendations that drive project success, including changing approach, providing feedback on recommended solution, and providing oversight and guidance to the project team, as needed
- Promotes and execute any organizational or departmental change management to support project delivery
- Manages project risks and issues
- Supports ongoing intake of unbudgeted/unplanned projects throughout the year
- Monitors project progress on a regular basis and change project approach or direction, as needed
- Develops and delivers timely status reports, project metrics or other management reports required by leadership and stakeholders.
- Manages vendor relationships and vendor resources as appropriate for the project, to ensure adherence to Statement of Work (SOW) with respect to project delivery, billing, scheduling and other terms of the agreement
- Participates or drive problem-solving in a team environment.
- Understands and manage interdependencies between technology, operations, and business.
- Drives and executes continuous improvement
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
We currently have 2 Sr. IT Project Manager Openings
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+years of experience in a project management capacity
- Demonstrated experience managing programs/projects with budgets of $1M-$3M
- Proficiency managing cross-functional or matrixed teams
- Experience developing and managing integrated work plans
- Experience collaborating with executive Leadership
- Experience collaborating with business customers across functional areas
- Experience in vendor management
- Demonstrated experience in project delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Business Administration Master’s Degree in Information Systems or Business Administration
- Program/Project Management, Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- Experience in Healthcare industry
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $53.13 - $85.00 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.