REMOTE - Drupal Developer
Job posting number: #7121966 (Ref:10019667)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $37.00 - $57.35 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Expertise in developing, implementing, and maintaining the brand website and other digital properties of City of Hope.
- Develop new templates and modify existing templates as needed.
- Maintain modules and implement necessary upgrades and patches.
- Communicate both technical and business aspects of development projects to stakeholders.
- Properly document all changes applied to the brand website and other digital properties.
- Participate in website design and architecture discussions and contribute well-thought-out suggestions, comments, and critiques.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities. Act as a technical resource for the team to resolve complex problems.
- Follows Marketing/Communications and IT standards in change, release, incident, problem, project, and crisis management.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with various stakeholders (including Marketing, IT personnel, vendors, etc.).
- Keep current with industry-standard technologies and development methods necessary to build enterprise-grade, scalable systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Two-three years’ experience in software development. Proficiency with Drupal content management system, PHP, security, templates, deployments, and version control. Familiarity working with teams using Agile project methodologies.
- Strong back-end skills. Expertise in building reusable components, templates, code, and libraries. Experience with module selection, implementation, and maintenance. Understanding of relational databases and SQL. Experience with Apache Solr or equivalent and familiarity with the Drupal API. A deep understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and
- other measurement tools.
- A structured development technique in system development is required.
- Preferred education experience and skills:
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud/Marketing Cloud integrations, RESTful architecture, healthcare development a plus
- Acquia Certified Developer
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $37.00 - $57.35 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.