Job posting number: #7121990 (Ref:ccf17674516)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A Registered Nurse is responsible for understanding complicated medical histories, advanced surgical procedures, pain modalities and thorough nutritional support. Your primary duties will include:
- Providing direct nursing care.
- Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients’ conditions as appropriate.
- Preparing patient care plans.
- Administering prescribed medications.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is a team player.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Can adapt to change.
- Has an interest in growing leadership skills.
- Can critically think and problem solve for patients’ best interests.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join a supportive team and willing to learn new skills. The work culture in this department is positive and communication is clear between all team members. Cleveland Clinic will assist you by offering tuition reimbursement and cross-training for professional development.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Provides direct patient care to neonates in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN)
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) certification within one year of employment.
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) certification must be presented upon hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
Will consider licensed military RN experience.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.