RN Med/Surg Acute Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery 7p-7a
Job posting number: #7121994 (Ref:ccf17677156)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join Cleveland Clinic’s Akron General and experience world-class healthcare at its best. Akron General provides state-of-the-art healthcare to all its patients. Akron General is ranked as the No. 1 hospital in the Akron metro area, and No. 7 hospital in Ohio, according to U.S. News & World Report’s “2022-23 Best Hospitals.” Akron Hospital is a proud Magnet Hospital awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This designation is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice.
Cleveland Clinic Akron General's Medical-Surgical Acute Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery team is looking to add a Registered Nurse (RN) to their dedicated team of caregivers. With a focus on healing and surgery, caregivers in this unit provide comprehensive care and caring services for adults with medical and surgical diagnoses. As an RN, you will participate in a year-long residency program, customized to fit you, your needs, and your pace, where you will:
-Provide direct nursing care.
-Monitor and document patient's condition effectively.
-Administer prescribed medications and treatments.
-Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans.
-Maintain professional growth and development.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Has a minimum of one year of acute care RN experience in a hospital setting (National Certification is welcomed, but not required).
-Works well in a supportive, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
-Is compassionate, adaptable, and works well in a close-knit team environment.
-Is motivated to learn, has critical thinking skills, and has decisive judgement.
This is an excellent opportunity for nurses who are flexible and would like to advance their career growth opportunities within this teaching unit.
If career growth, providing world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths are what matter most to you, then we encourage you to consider Cleveland Clinic. Join us, and you’ll experience the difference of a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and responds appropriately.
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in specialty.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows ho spital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.