CT Technologist ($5K Sign on Bonus Eligible)
Garfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7121999 (Ref:ccf17674521)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Checks and prepares patients prior to CT study.
- Acquires patients chart data/requisition and reviews both to determine correct room set-up and learn of any specific medical problems, contraindications to the study and verify that the study being ordered correlates to the diagnostic needs.
- Verifies the patient’s demographic data is correct in all applicable systems.
- Assures patient's safety and comfort during procedures.
- Educates patient regarding procedure, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Performs Daily QA.
- Assists with scheduling of patients as needed.
- Prepares and administers contrast media or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Performs VNA punctures as necessary and maintains competencies.
- Maintains all aspects of the CT area including the technical and clerical components to ensure proper quality assurance results and any required documentation.
- Keeps the area in a state of inspection readiness and compliance (i.e. JCAHO, ODH, etc.)
- Acquires, archives, transmits, and prints images via PACS.
- Transmits images and appropriate paperwork after hours.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Observes potential equipment dysfunctions and reports problems to appropriate individuals.
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for patient accessibility.
- Provides coverage as needed and is available to cover shifts as needed.
- May be assigned to a primary site, but is required to cover other modalities, sites and/or locations as needed.
- Instructs and mentors new hires and Radiology students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing.
- Certification in Computed Tomography (CT) required within one year of hire: R.T.(R) (CT) (ARRT).
- Current state licensure required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and Physicians to coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to work well with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic Technologist preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.