MRI Technologist I ($5K Sign On Bonus Eligible)
Garfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7122000 (Ref:ccf17674522)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Prepares and checks patients prior to MRI procedure.
- Acquires and reviews patient questionnaire, chart and data/requisition to determine contraindication of having MRI examination.
- Verifies and validates patient screening safety form.
- Performs MRI procedures required per protocol and performs daily QA.
- Performs VNA punctures and maintains competencies.
- Educates patients regarding MRI procedures, equipment and exam.
- Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the exam.
- Assists with scheduling of patients.
- Administers proper contrast related to patient having MRI exam.
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports any malfunctions and observes potential equipment dysfunctions and reports problems or calls for service.
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for patient accessibility.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Instructs and mentors new hires and Radiology students.
- Learns new technical information and skills.
- Attends in-service programs and professional affiliation sessions.
- Potentially rotates through all imaging modalities, sites, and/or locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have one of the following: Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, graduate of an accredited school in Sonography or Radiation Therapy, or possess a Bachelor's Degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology or certification from CAHEA approved Nuclear Medicine Technology training program.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), or R.T.(S)(ARRT), or R.T.(T)(ARRT), in good standing. Or must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(N) (ARRT) in good standing or be a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. Note: ARDMS and NMTCB are primary pathways
- Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging: R.T.(MR)(ARRT) required within one year of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills are required to provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic Technologist or experience in other imaging modalities preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
- Requires frequent pushing and pulling of equipment up to 75 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.