RN Home Health Case Manager - Willoughby Area
Job posting number: #7122002 (Ref:ccf17676674)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Home Health Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing high quality nursing care to patients in the comfort of their own homes. As an RN in this role, you will provide assessments, complex nursing treatments, and education to help avoid readmissions to the acute care setting. Familiarity with complex medical treatments from experience working in home care, med/surg, ICU, or the emergency department is helpful. However, Cleveland Clinic Home Care provides a generous in-depth orientation that is tailored to each individual and their experience level.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is compassionate.
- Can adapt to change.
- Is detail oriented.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for flexibility and autonomy. Cleveland Clinic encourages professional development and offers certification pay and tuition reimbursement. You’ll be supported by a leadership team that strives to provide work-life balance for all of our caregivers.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
This is a full-time, day shift position, Monday-Friday starting at 8:00 a.m. The weekend rotation is every 4th weekend and holiday rotation is 2 holidays a year. On-call requirement is once a week. This position is to see patients in the Willoughby area.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and reassessments within specified time frame.
Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
Assesses and documents patients' pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patients' pain then, prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed needs and problems in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and interventions.
Escalates change in patient condition to patient’s physician as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
•Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
•Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
•Valid Ohio Driver's license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter
•Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum one year current clinical experience as a registered nurse.
Minimum one year experience in an acute medical-surgical or home care setting.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Must be ambulatory and able to drive to patients' homes, able to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the patient.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate with patients.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: home, community, autonomous, flexible, case manager
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.