Physical Therapist, O/P Ortho Brunswick
Job posting number: #7122012 (Ref:ccf17676679)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Brunswick Family Health Center
Join our Cleveland Clinic Outpatient team to evaluate and provide rehabilitation for Orthopedics patients.
Located conveniently in Brunswick, OH
Department Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and Friday 7:00am to 5pm
Schedule Expectations: 5 days/week with 2 evenings/ week until 7pm - Possible Saturday hours
PLEASE STATE YOUR SPECIFIC INTEREST IN YOUR COVER LETTER
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Supervises activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or certificate required.
- Must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current State licensure as a Physical Therapist (PT).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience in Clinical area preferred.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.