H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7122031 (Ref:hlj_42930)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Processes and analyzes clinical specimens for the presence of infectious organisms and performs susceptibility studies when appropriate.
- Exercises broad independent judgement and requires minimal technical supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology.
- Has 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in clinical virology and microbiology.
- Will adapt positively to change, and interact effectively and professionally with others.
- Performs and reports laboratory tests in the areas of bacteriology, mycology, mycobacteriology, parasitology, serology, virology and molecular biology.
- Maintains equipment and records; performs quality control and quality assurance activities; participates in the evaluation of new procedures and equipment.
- Works efficiently in a computerized environment; assists with the functions required to maintain the smooth operation of the department .
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Medical technology or related field is preferred.
- Florida state license in the specialties of Serology and Microbiology required. Additional licenses in Hematology, Chemistry and Immunology preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems is preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.