H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7122032 (Ref:hlj_42924)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs and reports the results of laboratory tests in the areas of routine hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry and basic blood banking.
- Performs basic referral lab ordering and paperwork.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology.
- Has ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Is knowledgeable of theory, testing principles, and instrumentation related to routine clinical laboratory procedures in the areas of hematology, coagulation, blood banking, microbiology and clinical chemistry.
- Receives, accessions and processes blood and a variety of other human source specimens for clinical analysis.
- Performs and reports results of routine manual and automated tests in the areas of hematology and coagulation.
- Follows established policies and procedures pertaining to quality control requirements and acceptability of data.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Florida state license in the specialties of Hematology, Clinical Chemistry and Serology, Immunohematology and Microbiology is required.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Medical Technologist is preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.