Job posting number: #7122063 (Ref:hlj_42929)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Program at Moffitt Cancer Center is the largest and most active program of its kind in the Southeast. Committed to providing every aspect of treatment and supportive care in a single, convenient location, Moffitt is an established leader in the field of bone marrow transplantation. We are a National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) transplant and collection center, and we are fully accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), speaking to the unwavering dedication and expertise of our team.
Our Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Program serves patients with a number of hematological conditions, including leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, aplastic anemia and MDS, as well as select solid tumors. After individually assessing each patient's condition, our multispecialty team recommends the most appropriate transplant option. We routinely perform:
- Autologous and allogenic transplants
- High-intensity and reduced-intensity transplants
- Cord blood transplants
- Peripheral blood stem cell transplants
Our BMT Clinic and Treatment Center provides care for a large volume of patients. The treatment center RN's directly interact with the patients to provide hands on nursing care, assessment, and education, and communicate with the clinical team. The nurses are also highly involved in the clinical trial process, performing essential functions such as lab draws for pharmacokinetics and critical documentation required to meet protocol standards.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team in the BMT Treatment Center.
- The Registered Nurse in the BMT Treatment Center provide hands-on nursing care to patients in any stage of the blood and marrow transplant or cellular immunotherapy process, including patient assessment and education, triage, administration of chemotherapy, blood products, cellular product infusions (transplants),and various other medications.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Hematology oncology
- Blood and marrow transplantation
- Outpatient clinic setting
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least two years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience
- FL RN License
- BLS Certification
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.