Job posting number: #7122068 (Ref:hlj_42894)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Urgent Care provides emergent/ urgent services to the patients of Moffitt Cancer Center. The Urgent Care is a specialized unit with 27 beds, all equipped with cardiac monitoring. This is a fast-paced, high acuity department with more than 40% of patients admitted to the hospital daily. We invite you to join our growing and dynamic team of top clinical professionals while enjoying the benefits of working at a 2X Magnet-Designated hospital and National Cancer Institute.
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2 years of inpatient hospital experience
- Emergency or Critical Care Experience
- Telemetry experience
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem-solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 1 year of relevant experience
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification
- Valid and Active RN License
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.