SPVR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Job posting number: #7122072 (Ref:hlj_42904)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Environmental Services Department in multiple locations and/or campuses. He/She is also responsible for interviewing, hiring, counseling, disciplining, recommending Team Members for promotions, etc. employees. The Supervisor is responsible for the training and development of the Team Leads and Team Members to ensure they are performing at the highest level possible and attaining hiqh quality cleaning standards consistently. He/She must be able to adapt to changes and make operational decisions as well as be involved in higher level decisions affecting the department.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The Ideal Candidate will have healthcare cleaning experience and strong leadership skills
- Administrative - scheduling, counseling staff, project assignment and compliance, ordering, inventorying, and distribution of supplies and linen, interviewing, evaluating and selecting applicants for open positions, time/attendance validation and shift logs, approves PTO, maintains team member files, performs team member evaluations with recommendations for merit increases
- Quality Assurance - Conducts quality assurance inspections (visual and other) observations, cart inspections, and tracks team member progress
- Communication – Conducts weekly huddle meetings, trains staff, gives ongoing feedback on performance, responds to customer needs and brings issues to resolution
- Leadership - Provides leadership for staff and ensures adherence to policies, productivity standards, and safety guidelines. Uses teamwork to help the department accomplish goals. Responsible for managing daily operations, problem solving, and properly allocating staff. Ability to engage team and foster a positive, caring, respectful, team building environment
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree - In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a High School Diploma with an additional 4 years external (or 2 year internal Moffitt specific) related work experience on top of the 5 years required may be considered.
- Five (5) years of environmental services or housekeeping (preferably in a hospital setting)
- Three (3) years customer service experience
- Two (2) years Supervisory or Project lead experience
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.