Clinical Research Associate
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7122137 (Ref:14494-en_US)
Posted: January 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) Clinical Research Associate is responsible for implementing and coordinating the day to day research data management activities of pediatric protocols on the Hematology team. Ensures accurate data collection, data abstraction, data entry, documentation and organization for various therapeutic and non-therapeutic studies lead by TXCH Hematology faculty.
- Supports daily operations for a research study or clinical trial
- Consults with the Principal Investigator (PI) and providers regarding research data.
- Recruits, screens and enrolls study participants; ensures participant adherence to study protocol
- Assists the PI and/or provider with study patient enrollment.
- Collects, evaluates, enters and tracks data
- Collects research patient information (i.e. medical history, labs) from the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Maintains accurate source documentation and case report forms (CRFs) per protocol.
- Submits data, study documents and/or reports to regulatory agencies
- Submits accurate research data via CRF to external sources in a timely manner.
- Provides appropriate and timely responses to sponsor data requests or queries.
- Assists with completion of protocol-specific documents
- Monitors protocol compliance and appropriately communicates errors or deficient source documentation.
- Establishes study files and prepares and oversees study-related documentation
- Creates and maintains research charts
- Updates internal and external databases per departmental, sponsor, or study requirements.
- Precepts new clinical research staff.
- Screens for research patients.
- Collaborates with study team and physicians to assist in determining patient eligibility for research protocols.
- Prepares study-specific reports and queries for investigators and administrators.
- Effectively prioritizes and manages work activities according to study protocol.
- Consults with team members to ensure study time-points are met.
- Volunteers to assist team with overflow duties.
- Seeks guidance from Clinical Research Manager for additional assignments.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- A candidate that has experience with industry sponsored clinical trials
- Data management experience is required
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.