Job posting number: #7122325 (Ref:ccf17697373)
Posted: January 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the operating room (OR), you will provide care to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. You will perform scrub and circulating functions and prepare the OR, surgical instruments and equipment for surgery.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills and decisive judgement.
- Effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excels in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Has multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Appropriately responds to changes in patients’ conditions and takes appropriate action.
-A success coach will be available 24/7.
-Weekly check-ins to ensure personal and professional goals are met.
-6 months of orientation (New and experienced RNs).
-Personal assessments to determine areas for growth and opportunity.
-Scrub Nurse Training / Circulating Nurse Training
This is an excellent opportunity for new and experienced graduates to discover Cleveland Clinic’s Institute and gain hands-on experience in this rewarding unit. The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment as a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being, and future.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go.
Not ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team:
- Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds and ability to push, pull, and navigate supply carts weighing > than 75 pounds periodically.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: surgical, OR, operating room, ortho, digestive disease, GI, transplant, neuro, OBGYN, plastics, ENT, robotic, bariatric, oral, maxillary, breast, oncology, procedure, trauma, vascular, cardiovascular, cardiac, heart, coronary, failure, bypass, LVAD, ventricular, assist, device, CHF, congestive, artery, CNOR, pacemaker, ablation, stent, scrub, circulate
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.